Weight Loss Exercises: 7 Workouts Recommended by Experts
Overweight or obesity is the biggest health issue across the world. Almost all of us are affected by this problem up to a certain limit. Several factors are responsible for this problem like our unhealthy diet, sedentary lifestyle, stressful lifestyle in Brisbane, Queensland and so on. People often overlook this problem, but they do not realise that this health condition is much more dangerous than it appears. Overweight leads to obesity, which is responsible for some serious health problems including type-2 diabetes, blood pressure and heart attack.
But there is a bigger problem than the obesity itself, and it is the way how we tackle this issue. We always look for a quick result, and this is where we make a mistake. We look for prescription drugs and various OTC medications to solve the problem. We also force ourselves to gyms and do high-intensity workouts, but soon surrender when we fail to lose inches around the waist. We do not realise that correctly doing the exercise for a long time will only give the result we are looking for.
Balance of diet and exercise
We all know that exercise is essential to keep ourselves fit and healthy, but it becomes more critical when we intend to lose weight. People in Brisbane, Queensland often make a mistake and start starving to lose weight and later struggle with more complications. To lose weigh in a healthy way, you need to create a balance between a balanced diet and an effective workout. This is because essential nutrients like protein and fibre will provide the energy you will require for daily exercise.
Here is a list of 6 effective weight loss exercises that can make you slim and healthy. More importantly, these are very simple to understand and easy to perform. Learn these exercises and lose weight without spending your money on a gym in Brisbane, medicine, yoga classes, supplements, etc.
Lunges are great to tone up your lower body as it works equally on your hips, glutes, hamstrings, quads, core, and also those hard-to-reach muscles of your inner thigh. It develops the strength and endurance of the lower-body, and effectively even your muscle imbalances. So, ready for the lunges? Master this move by following the below-mentioned steps:
- First, stand tall and keep your feet apart from each other (hip-width).
- Put the right leg forward and shift your weight on that leg so that the heel touches the floor first.
- Lower the body until your right thigh comes in parallel to the floor, and the right shin is vertical.
- Put pressure on your right heel and return to the starting position and repeat it.
Repeat this exercise 10 times on each side and three sets in total.
People usually like to avoid burpees as they are a bit hard, but it is one of the best weight loss exercises that offer several benefits. Once you get motivated for fitness and start practicing burpess, it effectively targets the chest, core and legs at the same time. To build the lean muscle, you need to feel the burn. You can see burpees everywhere – be it HIIT workouts in Hendra and Gordon Park gym, boot camps in Forest Lake and Sunnybank, CrossFit in a gym of Rocklea and Bracken Ridge, Brisbane and so on. To do this exercise correctly, follow these steps:
- Stand straight and keep your feet apart (at shoulder-width) and arms on both sides. Transfer the weight on the back side a little, push the hips back and bent your knees.
- Keep your hands on the floor in front of you. Transfer the weight on your hand and jump back to land on the feet like a plank position.
- Now, jump the feet forward to land just outside the hands. Jump into the air with hands up.
- Quickly lower your back and be ready for the next rep.
Repeat this exercise 8 to 12 times and do three sets in total.
Pilates is a form of exercise that provides strength to your muscles while improving the flexibility of the body and postural alignment. Although Pilates works on various areas of the body, moves it targets the core. This was named after Joseph Pilates, who is the creator of this exercise. He developed it in the 1920s. Although there are 12 different sets of exercises in plates, Teaser, in particular, is very useful for losing weight and famous in workout centres of Red Hill, Wilston, New Farm in Brisbane.
- Lie face up and bend the knees over the hips and then lift the feet off the mat.
- As you reach your arms toward your feet, extend the legs. At the same time, lift your shoulders and head off the mat.
- Now, try to create a ‘V’ shape with the help of your legs and torso.
- Hold the position for five breaths, and then lie on your back and bend the knees again.
Repeat two sets of the exercise with 12 reps.
Squats are quite useful to lose weight as it focuses on your belly fat. It targets the quadriceps muscles, but with each repetition, this exercise also strengthens your glutes, calves and hamstrings. People in Brisbane often think performing squats won’t give them a significant result regarding calorie burn, but provide strength to your muscles and indirectly help you lose body fat. Read the following steps:
- Keep your feet apart (hip-width) and place the arms on each side or you can also carry some weights.
- Start lowering the legs and raise the arms in front of you.
- Keep the back straight as much as possible and lower your back until the thighs are parallel to the floor. Your knees should be in line with the toes.
- Return to your standing position.
Do 15 reps of the exercise and repeat three sets.
Another highly effective exercise for losing excess weight! Mountain Climbers get the heart rate up fast while also an impact on almost every muscle group in your body—biceps, triceps, deltoids, chest, abdominals, obliques, quads, hip abductors and hamstrings. It’s indeed a complete body workout! Read the following steps:
- Loop a band around the couch leg or any other stable post. Then take plank position on the floor facing the opposite direction of the post. Place your feet in handles like stirrups.
- Now, bring your right and left knee alternately towards the chest, but do not let the toes of your bent leg touch the floor.
Repeat the exercise for 60 seconds and rest for only 20 seconds. Complete three sets.
Jump rope is not just a gym class activity in middle school of Brisbane, Queensland. It’s a great weight loss exercise for healthy weight loss. It challenges your cardiovascular system to work more intensely and burn excess calories. This is also an excellent option for the athletes in Brisbane. The jump rope develops not only their foot speed, but also the coordination and endurance. Read the following steps.
- First, measure the length of the jump rope by holding the rope in your hands and see if the handles are in the same line with the shoulders.
- Now place your feet together and hold both ends of the jump rope. Keep your elbows toward the ribs.
- Swing your rope and jump over with both feet. Maintain a comfortable speed and do not mistime your jump.
Continue it for 1 to 2 minute and complete three sets of it.
The kettlebell swing tone different muscles like quads, core, glutes, shoulders and back in one go. That’s the beauty of this full body exercise! Kettlebell will gradually increase your deadlifting numbers. It is quite useful when used to lose some excess weight as it burns calorie and makes the muscle stronger. Follow these steps:
- Stand straight with feet apart (slightly more than hip-width). Grasp the kettlebell with both hands and keep in front of you.
- Now take a kind of squat position. Put pressure on hips and transform it towards front side as you stand. Swing the kettlebell upward at the same time.
- Lower your arms and return to the slight squat position and repeat.
Try to complete three sets of the exercise with 15 swings in each set.